Production/Performance Dates: September 8-23, 2017
by Noel Coward | PG-Classic Comedy | Directed by Keisha McFerrin
Hoping for a quiet weekend in the English country with some guests, David Bliss, a novelist and his wife Judith, a retired actress, find that an impossible dream when their high-spirited children Simon and Sorel appear with guests of their own. As the guests arrive, it becomes clear that it is not them who will be the problem, but the family themselves. A house full of drama waits to be ignited as misunderstandings and tempers flare. With Judith's new flame and David's newest literary 'inspiration' keeping company as the children follow suit, the Bliss family lives up to its name as the 'quiet weekend' comes to an exhausting and hilarious finale worthy of Feydeau. Set in 1920’s England, Hay Fever provides a shrewd, farcical look at a dysfunctional family oblivious to their ill-mannered behavior.
- Sorel Bliss - 21-32 years old, attractive, bored with country life & looking for excitement, Judith and David Bliss's daughter. Sorel and her brother come from money, but they are siblings as we know them: fighting one minute, and best buddies the next.
- Simon Bliss - 21-32 years old, a would-be artist, Judith and David Bliss's son. He loves to rib his sister.
- Clara - Over 30 - under 70. Clara is the Bliss family maid. She's a bit rough around the edges. A small but funny part.
- Judith Bliss - 45-58 years old, a retired English stage actress. She misses her younger years, and is looking for someone to tell her she's still beautiful and desirable. David Bliss - 45-58 years old.
- David is a novelist who is looking for his next muse. He, like Judith, seems to be in a bit of a mid-life crisis, absent-minded & distracted.
- Sandy Tyrell - 25-32 years old. Sandy is the young man Judith invites for the weekend, enamored with Judith.
- Myrna Arundel - 35-45 years old, also a stage actress, attractive & rather vampire-ish. Myrna is Simon's weekend guest. She doesn't really want to spend time with Simon, but wants to meet David.
- Richard Greatham - 35-55 years old Richard is a proper English diplomat, and Sorel's weekend guest. He's a bit stiff, but likeable.
- Jackie Coryton - 21-32 years old, flapper-type & David's weekend guest. She's kind of a good-hearted ditz.